Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a comprehensive range of clinics and healthcare services:
- The practice nursing team provide a full range of services including dressings, diet and lifestyle advice, immunisations, ear syringing and performing diagnostic tests (such as ECGs, spirometry and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring).
- Blood tests are usually taken by our healthcare assistant on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Contraception advice - Sister Dewar has family planning training and fits diaphragms (“the cap”) and also advises women with gynaecological and continence concerns.
- Cervical Smears are performed by three of the practice nurses. We operate a recall system and 3-yearly smears are recommended between the ages of 25 and 49, and 5 yearly between 50 and 64.
- Travel advice & immunisations are provided in clinics run by Sister Berritt. Collect one of our travel clinic forms from our waiting room, or download one from the above tab.
- Diabetes annual review clinics are organized by Sister Berritt and Dr Rivett on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Sr Berritt also provides advice and education to diabetic patients.
- Asthma & chronic lung disease testing, advice and education is provided by the surgery. COPD patients will be invited to a review clinic with Sister Berritt. Asthmatic patients are reviewed regularly by their own GP.
- Coronary heart disease patients, who have been discharged from hospital follow-up, are invited to an annual review clinic run by Dr Clarke.
- Our anticoagulation clinic for patients on Warfarin is run by the practice nursing team.
- Minor surgery procedures are performed by all the GPs. Dr Kasztura runs a Monday afternoon “cryotherapy” clinic for freezing some skin lesions.
- Antenatal & postnatal care is provided by our midwife who is contactable via the Conquest Community Midwifes Office on 01424 755255. There is a Monday afternoon antenatal/postnatal clinic, held by our midwife Beverley Quinn and the GPs.
- Childhood immunisations are done in our children’s clinic on Friday afternoons. We send out appointments.
We also provide
- Blood test monitoring for patient taking certain drugs.
- New patient health checks offered to all new patients.
- ‘Over 75’ health checks by request only – we find these of limited usefulness.
- General NHS health checks can be booked with your GP if you have not been seen by him/her in the last 3 years.
- Dietary advice to those who are overweight or want help.
- Fasting cholesterol tests and detailed assessments of cardiovascular risk in people aged 40-70. See your GP.
- Chaperone - If you would like to have someone with you at your appointment you can either bring someone with you or we can arrange a surgery based chaperone - just let reception know on arrival or when booking.